[ QUOTE ]
thinking about the future??
[/ QUOTE ]
Why think about the future? Go to highschool play football, marry the first person you date, have kids, repeat. Not that there is anything wrong with that...but.
They are obviously not thinking about anything but football season. Smaller class rooms are a good idea, but I agree this area in particular is used to getting by on "just the basics." We had the head of admissions of UVA Med School come talk out the college the other day and he said that people from this area score lower on the verbal portion of the test, year in and year out, then anywhere else in the state (he is from swva btw).
I know college is a major adjustment for everyone, but I think we need to do more in this region to challenge students. Make classes more in depth for the kids who want to learn on a higher level. I don't know if this means offering more electronic classes or what, but education should be not only the primary but the concern when dealing with the children. Not who is gonna wear blue and gold on friday night, or even pinstripes come spring time. But getting these kids ready for college and the real world.






Bookmarks